Arcos Color Prof 7-Inch Slicing Knife
Arcos Color Prof 7-Inch Slicing Knife by ARCOS at Rinconcito Canario. MPN: 243100. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Designed for prolonged and heavy commercial use, the Arcos Color Prof line of kitchen knives is now available for home chefs who want the same
Designed for prolonged and heavy commercial use, the Arcos Color Prof line of kitchen knives is now available for home chefs who want the same precise cutting tool used by professional chefs worldwide. Made in Spain using an exclusive Arcos stainless steel formula called Nitrum, the blade of this 7-inch slicing knife (170 mm) is enriched with nitrogen for hardening and added durability.
Offering a revolutionary ergonomic handle design, the Color Prof series uses a core of polypropylene (PP) in the heart of the handle that's covered with a soft rubber coating. This special mixture of materials provides greater comfort and adaptability as well as being non-hygroscopic (meaning that it doesn't absorb liquids). The handle won't slip out of your hands, and it's also resistant to high temperatures.
In addition to being NSF approved, these knives are also HACCP compliant--enabling you to identify each knife for cutting a specific food group by a color-coded dot system on the handle. For example, a red dot for meat and a green dot for salads makes it easy for vegetarians who want to preserve and secure their choice in the kitchen (based on European standards). Dishwasher safe, though hand washing is recommended.
Arcos Nitrum Stainless Steel
Nitrum is a nitrogen-enriched stainless steel formula that's found exclusively in Arcos knives. With Nitrum stainless steel, your Arcos knife will possess improved hardness for a longer lasting sharpness, enhanced microstructure for higher resistance to corrosion, and exceptional edge durability for longer periods between re-sharpening. The Nitrum production process has no negative effect on the air, water, or soil.
How to Correctly Sharpen Your Arcos Knife
Arcos recommends the regular use of a sharpening steel to keep the cutting edge of your knife razor sharp.
And remember to always protect your fingers.
Tips For Use and Maintenance
- Wash knives immediately after use with a mild soap. Avoid prolonged contact with leftover food.
- Do not use bleach, soda or detergents containing chlorine or chlorides ions because they rust the steel and may cause it to lose its shine.
- Avoid rubbing your knives with abrasive products, hard cloths, and metallic or synthetic cleaners.
- If you use a dishwasher, place your knives in with the blades facing up and in separate containers from the rest of your cutlery to avoid scratching.
- Avoid leaving your knives submerged in water for long periods of time, especially in hard or salty water that can affect metals.
- Dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Leaving your knives to dry in the dishwasher is not recommended.
Arcos is a leading Spanish knife manufacturer and one of the oldest knife and cutlery manufacturers in the world. In 1745, Don Juan de Arcos started hand-crafting the first knives and scissors marked with the Arcos brand, and many of these pieces are displayed in the National Museum of Archeology of Madrid. Gregorio Arcos Aroca turned the small hand-crafted workshop into a mass-production factory for professional knives in 1875. And a century later, Gregorio Arcos Villanueva started the international expansion of the company. Today, Arcos is still a family owned business and proud of its remarkable heritage.
To learn more about the history of Arcos, see this larger timeline image.
Features & Highlights
- Commercial-quality 7-inch slicing knife--for use by professional or home chefs
- Soft and ergonomic non-slippery handle with color-coded identification system; NSF approved
- Arcos exclusive Nitrum stainless steel formula enriched with nitrogen for added hardness and long-lasting sharpness
- Made in Spain by Arcos, a leading European knife manufacturer with traditions stretching back to 1745
- Dishwasher safe, hand washing recommended
|Item Weight:||0.31 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 12.5 x 12.5 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.45 pounds|
|Package Size:||3.7 x 1.3 x 1.3 inches|