Arcos Fully Forged Kyoto 6-Inch Boning Knife
Free Shipping Included! Save 1% on the Arcos Fully Forged Kyoto 6-Inch Boning Knife by ARCOS at Rinconcito Canario. SKU: 178500. MPN: 178500. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. A modern extension to the traditions of its 18th century Spanish origins, this 6-inch boning knife (145 mm) from the Arcos Kyoto line features an
A modern extension to the traditions of its 18th century Spanish origins, this 6-inch boning knife (145 mm) from the Arcos Kyoto line features an ergonomic design, minimalist lines, and superior strength coupled with a double-edged blade. And the Kyoto line's strong handle and novel design with black handle highlights contrasting with the metal make it an elegant complement to modern kitchens. It's specially designed for deboning chicken and other meats.
Forged from a single piece of hardened and tempered high-carbon Nitrum stainless steel, Arcos Kyoto series knives have a high tolerance to wear and tear as well as resistance to high and low temperatures. Kyoto series knives will satisfy culinary professionals as well as home chefs with an exceptionally high initial sharpness from the factory as well as a surpassing the industry standard for edge retention by over three times the minimum measurement. They feature a soft polyoxymethylene (POM) grip integrated into the handle. Dishwasher safe, though hand washing is recommended. Backed by a 10-year warranty.
Arcos Nitrum Stainless Steel
Nitrum is a nitrogen-enriched stainless steel formula that's found exclusively in Arcos knives. With Nitrum stainless steel, your Arcos knife will possess improved hardness for a longer lasting sharpness, enhanced microstructure for higher resistance to corrosion, and exceptional edge durability for longer periods between re-sharpening. The Nitrum production process has no negative effect on the air, water, or soil.
How to Correctly Sharpen Your Arcos Knife
Arcos recommends the regular use of a sharpening steel to keep the cutting edge of your knife razor sharp.
And remember to always protect your fingers.
Tips For Use and Maintenance
- Wash knives immediately after use with a mild soap. Avoid prolonged contact with leftover food.
- Do not use bleach, soda or detergents containing chlorine or chlorides ions because they rust the steel and may cause it to lose its shine.
- Avoid rubbing your knives with abrasive products, hard cloths, and metallic or synthetic cleaners.
- If you use a dishwasher, place your knives in with the blades facing up and in separate containers from the rest of your cutlery to avoid scratching.
- Avoid leaving your knives submerged in water for long periods of time, especially in hard or salty water that can affect metals.
- Dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Leaving your knives to dry in the dishwasher is not recommended.
Arcos is a leading Spanish knife manufacturer and one of the oldest knife and cutlery manufacturers in the world. In 1745, Don Juan de Arcos started hand-crafting the first knives and scissors marked with the Arcos brand, and many of these pieces are displayed in the National Museum of Archeology of Madrid. Gregorio Arcos Aroca turned the small hand-crafted workshop into a mass-production factory for professional knives in 1875. And a century later, Gregorio Arcos Villanueva started the international expansion of the company. Today, Arcos is still a family owned business and proud of its remarkable heritage.
To learn more about the history of Arcos, see this larger timeline image.
Features & Highlights
- 6-inch boning knife forged from single piece of high-carbon stainless steel with double-edged blade for high cutting power
- Made in Spain by Arcos, a leading European knife manufacturer with traditions stretching back to 1745
- Arcos exclusive Nitrum stainless steel formula enriched with nitrogen for added hardness and long-lasting sharpness
- Contrasting black POM handle integrated into knife offers soft, ergonomic grip and elegant look
- Dishwasher safe, hand washing recommended; 10-year warranty
|Item Weight:||3.34 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.65 pounds|
|Package Size:||3 x 1.3 x 1.3 inches|