Arcos Maitre 7-Inch Granton Edge Santoku Knife
Arcos Maitre 7-Inch Granton Edge Santoku Knife by ARCOS at Rinconcito Canario. MPN: 7380002. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. A state-of-the-art kitchen knife that hews to the traditions of its 18th century Spanish origins, this 7-inch granton-edged santoku knife (170 mm)
A state-of-the-art kitchen knife that hews to the traditions of its 18th century Spanish origins, this 7-inch granton-edged santoku knife (170 mm) from Arcos is part of its best-selling Maitre series, which is made to be dependably durable for everyday food prep. The Santoku--a Japanese-style chef's knife--performs a wide variety of cutting tasks, from fine chopping to dicing and paper-thin slicing. It features a broad blade and low tip for less rocking action than a classic European chef's knife, as well as a granton edge that helps slices from sticking to the blade.
Featuring an exclusive Arcos stainless steel formula called Nitrum, this blade is made from martensitic stainless steel with added molybdenum and vanadium for strengthening. It's then enriched with nitrogen in Arcos' Nitrum process and hardened to 53-56 HRc (on the Rockwell C scale) for extra durability. The nylon plastic handle is infused with micro glass beads for added strength and light resistance to prevent fading, and the three rivets are made of a high-quality stainless alloy to prevent corrosion. Dishwasher safe, though hand washing is recommended. Backed by a 10-year warranty.
Arcos Nitrum Stainless Steel
Nitrum is a nitrogen-enriched, stainless steel formula that's found exclusively in Arcos knives. With Nitrum stainless steel, your Arcos knife will possess improved hardness for a longer lasting sharpness, enhanced microstructure for higher resistance to corrosion, and exceptional edge durability for longer periods between re-sharpening. The Nitrum production process has no negative effect on the air, water, or soil.
How to Correctly Sharpen Your Arcos Knife
Arcos recommends the regular use of a sharpening steel to keep the cutting edge of your knife razor sharp.
And remember to always protect your fingers.
Tips For Use and Maintenance
- Wash knives immediately after use with a mild soap. Avoid prolonged contact with leftover food.
- Do not use bleach, soda or detergents containing chlorine or chlorides ions because they rust the steel and may cause it to lose its shine.
- Avoid rubbing your knives with abrasive products, hard cloths, and metallic or synthetic cleaners.
- If you use a dishwasher, place your knives in with the blades facing up and in separate containers from the rest of your cutlery to avoid scratching.
- Avoid leaving your knives submerged in water for long periods of time, especially in hard or salty water that can affect metals.
- Dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Leaving your knives to dry in the dishwasher is not recommended.
Arcos is a leading Spanish knife manufacturer and one of the oldest knife and cutlery manufacturers in the world. In 1745, Don Juan de Arcos started hand-crafting the first knives and scissors marked with the Arcos brand, and many of these pieces are displayed in the National Museum of Archeology of Madrid. Gregorio Arcos Aroca turned the small hand-crafted workshop into a mass-production factory for professional knives in 1875. And a century later, Gregorio Arcos Villanueva started the international expansion of the company. Today, Arcos is still a family owned business and proud of its remarkable heritage.
To learn more about the history of Arcos, see this larger timeline image.
Features & Highlights
- 7-inch granton-edged santoku knife for a wide variety of cutting tasks, from fine chopping to dicing --excellent for everyday use
- Made in Spain by Arcos, a leading European knife manufacturer with traditions stretching back to 1745
- Arcos exclusive Nitrum stainless steel formula enriched with nitrogen for added hardness and long-lasting sharpness
- Nylon plastic handle is infused with micro glass beads for added strength and light resistance
- Dishwasher safe, hand washing recommended; 10-year warranty
|Item Weight:||1.8 pounds|
|Item Size:||1 x 11 x 11 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.26 pounds|
|Package Size:||3.15 x 0.98 x 0.98 inches|