Arcos Universal 4-Inch Paring Knife
Free Shipping Included! Arcos Universal 4-Inch Paring Knife by ARCOS at Rinconcito Canario. MPN: 280204. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. Possibly one of the best kept secrets in the European knife industry, the Arcos Universal series of kitchen knives is designed and built for
Possibly one of the best kept secrets in the European knife industry, the Arcos Universal series of kitchen knives is designed and built for professionals, but these knives are also ideal for home chefs who crave a tough, dependable cutting tool with years of durability. Made for everyday use, this 4-inch paring knife (100 mm) is affordable, but doesn't sacrifice on design or construction quality.
Featuring an exclusive Arcos stainless steel formula called Nitrum, this blade is made from martensitic stainless steel with added molybdenum and vanadium for strengthening. It's then enriched with nitrogen in Arcos' Nitrum process and hardened for extra durability. The ergonomic, slip-resistant handle provides a firm and comfortable grip, and it's made of polyoxymethylene (POM) for excellent resistance to impact, abrasion, and solvents. Rivets are made of a special aluminum alloy to ensure high resistance to corrosion. Dishwasher safe, though hand washing is recommended.
Arcos Nitrum Stainless Steel
Nitrum is a nitrogen-enriche stainless steel formula that's found exclusively in Arcos knives. With Nitrum stainless steel, your Arcos knife will possess improved hardness for a longer lasting sharpness, enhanced microstructure for higher resistance to corrosion, and exceptional edge durability for longer periods between re-sharpening. The Nitrum production process has no negative effect on the air, water, or soil.
How to Correctly Sharpen Your Arcos Knife
Arcos recommends the regular use of a sharpening steel to keep the cutting edge of your knife razor sharp.
And remember to always protect your fingers.
Tips For Use and Maintenance
- Wash knives immediately after use with a mild soap. Avoid prolonged contact with leftover food.
- Do not use bleach, soda or detergents containing chlorine or chlorides ions because they rust the steel and may cause it to lose its shine.
- Avoid rubbing your knives with abrasive products, hard cloths, and metallic or synthetic cleaners.
- If you use a dishwasher, place your knives in with the blades facing up and in separate containers from the rest of your cutlery to avoid scratching.
- Avoid leaving your knives submerged in water for long periods of time, especially in hard or salty water that can affect metals.
- Dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Leaving your knives to dry in the dishwasher is not recommended.
Arcos is a leading Spanish knife manufacturer and one of the oldest knife and cutlery manufacturers in the world. In 1745, Don Juan de Arcos started hand-crafting the first knives and scissors marked with the Arcos brand, and many of these pieces are displayed in the National Museum of Archeology of Madrid. Gregorio Arcos Aroca turned the small hand-crafted workshop into a mass-production factory for professional knives in 1875. And a century later, Gregorio Arcos Villanueva started the international expansion of the company. Today, Arcos is still a family owned business and proud of its remarkable heritage.
To learn more about the history of Arcos, see this larger timeline image.
Features & Highlights
- Affordable, professional-quality 4-inch paring knife--for use by professional or home chefs
- Made in Spain by Arcos, a leading European knife manufacturer with traditions stretching back to 1745
- Arcos exclusive Nitrum stainless steel formula enriched with nitrogen for added hardness and long-lasting sharpness
- Ergonomic, slip-resistant POM handle resists impact, abrasion, and solvents
- Dishwasher safe, hand washing recommended
|Item Weight:||0.22 pounds|
|Item Size:||0.5 x 8 x 8 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.25 pounds|
|Package Size:||2.6 x 0.6 x 0.6 inches|