“COCKFIGHT” Spanish “Encanto” Tapestry, 15.5" X 20.5, Original Mid-Century Modern, c.1965, 100% Virgin Wool Felt, Mint Condition.
On Sale Now! Free Shipping Included! Save 10% on the “COCKFIGHT” Spanish “Encanto” Tapestry, 15.5'' X 20.5, Original Mid-Century Modern, c.1965, 100% Virgin Wool Felt, Mint Condition. by Encanto Tapestries at Rinconcito Canario. MPN: BCFBXKGTB. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. PROVENANCE: never-sold, mint condition Encanto Tapestries from the 1960s. These are my parents' legacy, unique, collectible, rare and archivally
Features & Highlights
- For home, office, as a gift: original, authentic artworks, Encanto Tapestries are perfect accents for Mid Century Modern, Sixties-themed interiors ("Madmen," "Op/Pop Art"). Add excitement and color to your home, office, Bed & Breakfast and public spaces; also a great resource for interior decorators, set designers and prop masters. They sold originally at Brentano's, Neiman-Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue and more. Most of the designs are specific to one size.
- The Story of Encanto Tapestries: David and Léa Poliat established Encanto Tapestries in 1964. They and a team of artists incorporated Spanish themes into a "Mid Century Modern" style. Popular from between 1965-1972, they sold in major stores and galleries in the US and elsewhere. All production ended by 1972. This is the balance of never-sold inventory, in mint condition and stored for 45 years. We continue to unpack and post more of the Tapestry inventory, so please visit us regularly.
- Cockfight. Raising fighting poultry goes back millennia. Magellan's chronicler reported Europeans' first sighting of cockfighting in the Philippines in 1521. Roosters are a favorite subject in Spanish art, from the Middle Ages to Picasso. Typical of real cockfights, these two contenders puff themselves to appear as threatening as possible. The dynamic action is echoed by the vivid colors.
- How are they made? Encanto Tapestries are made from virgin wool felt with a palette of over 60 colors. Each tapestry is assembled from the felt parts, like a puzzle, and every piece follows the flow of the design. The tapestries are available as: 1. A finished, ready-to-display tapestry OR, 2. As a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Tapestry Puzzle Package, which you assemble, then iron onto the adhesive backing. Flip it over and that's it! Display your Encanto as a banner or framed.
- Your Purchase Includes: 1. One Encanto Tapestry 2. A certificate of authenticity with Tapestry ID and provenance, signed by Frank Poliat 3. An illustrated brochure (great when gifting), telling the Story of Encanto and its creators, David and Léa Poliat 4. A guide to displaying your Encanto tapestry, including the best options for hanging or framing.
|Item Weight:||0.56 pounds|
|Item Size:||20.5 x 0.25 x 0.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.56 pounds|
|Package Size:||16 x 0.25 x 0.25 inches|