“DRAGONFLIES,” Spanish “Encanto” Tapestry PUZZLE, 15.5" X 20.5” Original Mid-Century Modern, c.1965, 100% Virgin Wool Felt, Mint Condition. Do-It-Yourself complete Puzzle kit: more fun, save money!
On Sale Now! Free Shipping Included! Save 10% on the “DRAGONFLIES,” Spanish “Encanto” Tapestry PUZZLE, 15.5'' X 20.5” Original Mid-Century Modern, c.1965, 100% Virgin Wool Felt, Mint Condition. Do-It-Yourself complete Puzzle kit: more fun, save money! by Encanto Tapestries at Rinconcito Canario. MPN: FDFGDSTGY. Hurry! Limited time offer. Offer valid only while supplies last. PROVENANCE: never-sold, mint condition Encanto Tapestries from the 1960s. These are my parents' legacy, unique, collectible, rare and archivally
Features & Highlights
- For home, office, as a gift: original, authentic artworks, Encanto Tapestries are perfect accents for Mid Century Modern, Sixties-themed interiors ("Madmen," "Op/Pop Art"). Add excitement and color to your home, office, Bed & Breakfast and public spaces; also a great resource for interior decorators, set designers and prop masters. They sold originally at Brentano's, Neiman-Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Lord & Taylor, Saks Fifth Avenue and more. Most of the designs are specific to one size.
- The Story of Encanto Tapestries: David and Léa Poliat established Encanto Tapestries in 1964. They and a team of artists incorporated Spanish themes into a "Mid Century Modern" style. Popular from between 1965-1972, they sold in major stores and galleries in the US and elsewhere. All production ended by 1972. This is the balance of never-sold inventory, in mint condition and stored for 45 years. We continue to unpack and post more of the Tapestry inventory, so please visit us regularly.
- Dragonflies: Two flying jewels cavort above stylized fronds while below, proto-ladybugs forage, hiding from their predators. The foliage harkens back to the Paleozoic. Dragonflies are some 300 million years old and, as with so many critters, they are key to our own survival. One dragonfly can eat hundreds of mosquitoes per day. They can fly in any direction, even sideways, and they mate mid-air. The Globe Skimmer dragonfly migrates 6,000 miles, across the Indian Ocean.
- How are they made? Encanto Tapestries are made from virgin wool felt with a palette of over 60 colors. Each tapestry is assembled from the felt parts, like a puzzle, and every piece follows the flow of the design. The tapestries are available as: 1. A finished, ready-to-display tapestry OR, 2. As a Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Tapestry Puzzle Package, which you assemble, then iron onto the adhesive backing. Flip it over and that's it! Display your Encanto as a banner or framed.
- Your Purchase Includes: 1. Encanto Tapestry Puzzle 2. Full instructions & assembly template 3. Illustrated brochure (great for gifting), tells the Story of Encanto and its creators, David and Léa Poliat. Assembling Encanto Tapestry Puzzles demands attention to detail for great results; it is not as forgiving as a regular jigsaw puzzles, as the pieces are fragile and any misalignment is permanent once the thermo-setting backing has been applied. We cannot accept puzzles for return once assembled.
|Item Weight:||0.88 pounds|
|Item Size:||20.5 x 0.25 x 0.25 inches|
|Package Weight:||0.88 pounds|
|Package Size:||16.75 x 0.2 x 0.2 inches|